The Workflow Designer provide about 80 functions, which help you to extend your VtigerCRM with a powerful method to automate, manage and control your system.
- Set field values: Set any value into any field of a record
- Condition: create complex conditions with nested logical AND/OR operations to define very specific tasks for records
- Delay: Wait a configured amount of time. For example wait until 4. day of week
- send E-Mail: automate sending of emails and control every single field of the email, like sender, SMTP Server, CC, BCC or use mail templates. Additional you can attach any static or dynamic file.
- custom record sequence: Create a custom reord sequence you can set into field. For example to create multiple invoice number sequences
- global search: Search for a given condition within complete vtiger
A special feature of the Workflow Designer is the definition of the triggering factors (triggers) of the workflows. These can be, for example, when the workflow is first saved, each time it is saved, or before it is deleted. Another trigger can be changes to field values in the edit mode of an entry. You can define after which field value change which workflow is to be executed live. This enables, for example, a live validation of entered data (for example, checking for duplicate entries).
Another trigger is the http handler. This enables the calling of workflows and the transfer of parameters to the Vtiger from outside by calling a defined URL. This function allows you, for example, to easily integrate complex Web forms.